Sunday, April 3, 2011

A bit about me

Welcome to the blog. I've created it for your enyoyment, and I think you'll learn to much if you follow these posts. Well, we start...
Me, and my experience with the computers
I begin introducing me. I use a computer since Windows 95's time. My first one was very old computer, I don't know which model was it. I had only two years old and I only played little games... Later, with Windows 98 I started to learn more, entering to the Internet (somewhat precarious at that time) and with eight years old I started to learn programming (well, not much). It was the year 2003, and I started with Python (a good language to start, but we'll talk about it). I've to add that I'm from Spain, my natural language is spanish so forgive me if I make spelling mistakes.
In 2005 I installed a Linux OS on my computer. It was Debian, 3.0 version (Woody) and now I'm still with it, simply because it's my favourite operative system (I'm updated to de latest version, 6.0 ;) now I don't use Windows. Well, very occasionally... but I recommend Linux for all the people who wanna be free on his digital lifes.
When I was older, with twelve years old, I saw this webpage: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html where they teach you what is a hacker and the best steps to become one. It convinced me to follow that path and now, more than three years after, I build this blog to tell you my experiences and teach to new coders, so we start.
First step: Install a UNIX based OS
I think who anywere who wants to learn advanced computers management must know what is UNIX. If you don't know anythink about it, or if you wanna learn more, read on wikipedia here.
Basically, UNIX is a portable operative system, multitasking and multi-user developed in 1969 by a AT&T employees at Bell Labs. Today there are many UNIX based OS, but the most representative are BSD, Linux and MacOS, yes, MacOS from Apple.
If you have a computer, time and you wanna start I recommend you installing a Linux operative system like Ubuntu, Debian or openSUSE. All of them are free and easy to a basically installation and use. Personally I recommend you Ubuntu if you haven't installed a operative system. You can find here all the information about how to download and start it. In later entries I'll post a tutorial of Linux.
Second step: Learn how to program
This is the fundamental skill. If you wanna be a coder, you will learn to program in some programming languages. I started with Python, in my opinion the best for beginners because of his relatively easy syntax. You can find here his official tutorial.
Later, you can learn other languages, for example Java, here is a good book of this programming language but if you wanna be a very good hacker, you have to learn C and LISP. C is the core language of UNIX, so it's very important, but C it's a little more difficult than Python, but with this tutorials: C and LISP. (If you don't like this books you can search on the Internet for more great ones).
If you know Python, C, LISP, Java and Perl, (this will cost you about two years of hard work ;) and you can make simple programs, you can pass to the next step.
Third step: Make your own website, and learn HTML
I think if you known the programming languages which I've post before, you're preparated to write HTML and have your own website. You can find tutorials: http://htmldog.com/ and when you finally have a good website, and know how the Internet works, you can pass to the next step.
Latest step: meet other online
When you have learnt to program, have a webpage, and wants to be released on the Internet, you can write open source software, and helping test software of other people, publish useful information, and other things to serve the coders culture.

Unfinished post...

No comments:

Post a Comment